Rest (apnea from the Greek, meaning without breath) is a rest issue characterized by frequent pauses in breathing during rest. There are three sorts of rest apnea, obstructive, central and blended. Obstructive is the most common, it is caused by anatomical blockage of the airway, and as such can often be treated by rest apnea medical procedure.
Rest apnea medical procedure for obstructive rest apnea comprises of several different sorts of methodology:
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty or UPPP, is the most common rest apnea medical procedure for adults. The method enlarges the airway by evacuating or shortening the uvula, (tissue that hangs from the top of the mouth at the back of the throat). The tonsils and adenoids, if present, are also expelled as well as part of the delicate palate (top of the mouth).
- Tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy is a rest apnea medical procedure that evacuates the tonsils and/or the adenoids, often the main treatment choice for children because enlarged tonsils and adenoids are usually the cause of their rest apnea.
- Tracheotomy creates an opening in the windpipe (trachea), and a cylinder is placed strapped to allow air in. This sleep apnea surgery hong kong medical procedure, the best, is usually saved for serious apnea sufferers when different treatments have failed. The site around the cylinder must be cleaned daily to prevent contamination.
- Septoplasy is a rest apnea medical procedure that straightens an abnormal septum (the partition between the nasal cavities).
- Laser midline glossectomy and lingualplasty are sorts of rest apnea medical procedure that evacuate a bit of the tongue.
- Maxillomandibular osteotomy or advancement (MMO or MMA) and two-part mediocre sagittal mandibular osteotomy. are kinds of rest apnea medical procedure which help enlarge the airway by moving the mandible (jaw) forward These medical procedures have high achievement rates, however last several hours, have a significant recuperation period, and potential complications.
- A relatively new technique for rest apnea medical procedure, acted in the physician’s office, is radio frequency ablation (RFTA), trade name SomnoplastyTM. Approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1998, it shrivels the size of the tongue and/or palate. Numerous treatments may be required, and can be used along with other rest apnea treatments and click https://sleep.entific.com.hk/en/home-en/.
- The tongue suspension technique (trade name Repose) is a different rest apnea medical procedure system. Approved by the FDA in February 1998, this rest apnea medical procedure is intended to shield the tongue from falling back over the airway by embeddings a small screw into the lower jawbone and join underneath the tongue. Usually acted related to different methodology, this medical procedure is potentially reversible. No investigations, notwithstanding, on the long haul achievement are available, and minimal clinical data have been distributed to demonstrate the system’s effectiveness.
When considering rest apnea medical procedure, know that effectiveness varies from individual to individual. Physicians who perform rest apnea medical procedure are most commonly otolaryngologists (specializing in the ears, nose, and throat) and oral and maxillofacial specialists. Referrals to a specialist may be obtained through your family physician or through a rest center.